Weight loss can be a big challenge, and like with many challenges, you need the right tools of the trade to meet and beat the challenge. Weight loss tools can be the key to making your weight loss successful.
There are a variety of weight loss tools available today. Weight loss tools can be anything from simple weight loss tips, the right exercise tips and equipment to interactive weight loss calculators and tools found on the web.
Interactive Online Weight Loss Calculators
You can find many weight loss tools online where you can get instant results by plugging in the relevant information and having the results calculated online. Interactive online tools are convenient and are often free on many websites. You can bookmark the page(s) you need and then come back and use the calculators each day.
- BMI Calculator – Your first step is to use a body mass index (BMI) calculator. This calculator will tell you if you are overweight. Based on your height and weight you will fall into one of four categories; underweight, normal, overweight or obese.
- BMR Calculator / Weight Loss Calculator – This tool uses your gender, age, weight and height to determine the amount of calories you burn while at total rest. This is known as your basal metabolic rate and is the starting point for calculating the calorie intake for weight loss. Some BMR calculators are also a weight loss calculator. Meaning the calculator starts with your BMR and then adds in the activity level and will then create a recommended calorie intake for weight loss. The recommend calorie intake is generally a 500 to 1,000 calorie deficit, depending on the calculator.
- Calorie Intake Calculator – Once you know what your calorie intake for weight loss is, then you need to build a meal plan and exercise plan to meet the calorie intake needs. This is where a calorie intake calculator will come in handy. This calculator will tell you how many calories are in the food item you select. Many of these calorie calculators allow you to search through a database with thousands of different food items.
- Exercise Calorie Calculator – There are a few ways to create a calorie deficit in order to lose weight. You can reduce the amount of calories you consume, you can add exercise to create the deficit Revitaa pro or reduce calories by combing both eating less and exercising more. This is where an exercise calorie calculator is needed. If you plan to add exercise to your daily routine then you need to know how many calories you burned during exercise.
- Target Heart Rate Calculator – This is another critical weight loss tool if you plan to add exercise to your weight loss plan. You want to make sure that you are exercising within your target heart rate zone. This calculator uses your age to determine your maximum heart rate and will show you your heart rate zone which is generally 50% to 85% of your maximum heart rate. You want to make sure you exercise within in this heart rate zone.
Off-line Weight Loss Tools
In addition to online weight loss tools you can find many helpful off-line weight loss tools such as a weight loss chart, a calorie intake chart and a weight loss journal. These off-line tools are used for recording and tracking information as it happens during the day.
For example, as you eat your breakfast, with a printable weight loss journal you can record the foods you eat so they are not forgotten later in the day. Then you can look up the calorie content using the interactive online calorie intake calculator and transfer this information to your off-line calorie intake chart.